Monday, June 04, 2007

"Blessed assurance"

What everyone should know - A dialogue.

Satan: Can you say with complete assurance that you will go to heaven if you die today ?
Chief sinner: Yes, I am sure. anytime.

Satan:
But I saw your sin the last time.

Chief sinner: It is because of my sin that my Lord Jesus Christ died. He blots out my transgressions. His blood cleans me from all sin.

Satan: He has already done that once before when you accepted him.
Chief Sinner: He is doing it even now as he sits as an advocate and mediator
saying, "He who comes to me Iwill in no wise cast out."

Satan:
You mean you can continue in sin ? You mean he will forgive you again ?
Chief Sinner:
O devil, We cannot and do not wish to continue to sin. For we do that what we do not want to do, but "If we confess our sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin"

Satan: How can you overcome your guilt now. The word says "He who does not abide in me will be cast out"
Chief Sinner:
I know I failed, but he also says "I will never leave you nor forsake you". I want to abide, but I have fallen. Yet will I abide once more.

Satan: Your sin is a black mark to his grace. The word says "If you love me, you will obey my commandments". But you did not obey ?
Chief Sinner: That is why he calls me a sinner because I did not obey. Why would he die for me or even come down if I did obey? Since he died knowing my sin, even when I knew him not. Since he first loved me, Since he gave me his blood to partake of free, I will try and obey not in my strength but asking his Spirit and will try to do his commandment with all my strength and all my soul. And his commandments are not grevious for me to follow. For I owe him so much so. I am a debtor and I owe him love. I do not obey to show that I am in the Lord but I obey because I love him. That's why he says "If you love me, you will obey"


Satan:
Then can you trample the gift of his blood with your sin ?
Chief Sinner:
Never so, but it has been my weakness. For his will is to keep me perfect and to guide my thoughts with his love. "For when I am weak, then I am strong" He has said "Their sins and lawless acts will I remember no more".

Satan:
Are you sure you are going to win this battle?
Chief Sinner: The battle has already been won at the cross. There is victory in the blood of the lamb.

Satan:
So you are sure that you can make it to the end. How can you prove it ?
Chief Sinner: It is the easiest thing to prove and the word says it all. I have made a commitment to not sin and thats all. He is the one who is able to keep me from falling !! Not me. "For I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day."

Satan:
He will punish you for your faults.
Chief Sinner:
I would like to be chastised for it's for my good. It's upto him for he knows my ways. He would give grace if he desires. For he says "My grace is sufficient for thee". Then would I be insane as I would not know how he would forgive me for my faults and I would be more indebted to his love and grace. Oh what a wonderful grace? My sin would make me more humble, it would make me more closer to the cross and there is no punishment for all is his gain and my loss.
"
We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of
his Son,
in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified."

Satan: I'm not sure about it. I think you are lost ?
Chief Sinner: You have lost. I have the breastplate of righteousness (The righteousness of Christ). The shield of faith, the feet of internal peace given by His spirit, the sword which is the word of God. And most importantly in this case, "the hope of salvation as my helmet!" I know for you cannot bruise my head and you can only bruise my feet. That is all the Lord has allowed you to do (Genesis 3:15). For my helmet you CANNOT take away.

Taken from "The Bible" and compiled.
By Timothy Noel




1 Comments:

Blogger Anil Lobo said...

Hi Timothy,

Anil here. Nice blog post about the discussion between the devil and the sinner. I have one request, it would be great (although time-consuming for you) if you could also put in bible chapter:verse references also.

-- Anil

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home